Friday, June 22, 2007

I'm poor because I buy gas

Congress just passed new standard for fuel economy in cars and SUVs. I am for the environment, but I am against hurting the automotive companies and oil companies. If you think about it, some of the most successful companies in the USA are oil companies. Do we really want to hurt them?

Honestly I'm surprised that Al Gore achieved his goal of bringing "global warming" (yes, I put it in quotes, because I don't really believe in it) and the environment to the attention of lawmakers. The clever thing that politicians are doing now is milking the whole thing for everything it's got. They can make new standards for cars that'll be made 13 years from now when they're probably out of public life and don't have to answer for their votes. It's really quite brilliant, but not a new tactic. You and those like you should be wondering what the real reason for the new standards are...

No comments: