Friday, June 22, 2007

First Post

Okay, so I happen to have a lot of free time nowadays and I don't know how long that will last, but I figured a good way to fill that free time was to get on here and start sharing my ideas with the world. That's what people are doing nowadays isn't it? That's what I've heard at least. Keep reading and I'll try to keep you informed on what's important to me and therefore, important to you and those like you. I'll try to make it interesting, but since I'm new at this bear with me...

So, I'm a younger guy and I feel like the world treats my generation as a joke. News flash...we're not a joke...we're the last hope you've got (I'll explain). My generation is the last one that: played outside, broke limbs and didn't sue, swung high on the swings, didn't play video games all the time, got in trouble, beat up our siblings (or got beaten up in my case), went to detention for bad behavior at school and didn't get mandatory anger management training and a psychiatric evaluation...I could go on forever, but you get the point.

What I'm trying to get across is that my contemporaries and I are the ones that will fight in wars, stand up for what we believe in and work hard to get ahead. Those are the kind of values that our country was founded on and they are the values that our country needs to progress. We are in a serious vacuum of responsibility and accountability. Many believe there is nothing we can do about it...but that is where we are wrong.

We are the ones that have the optimistic attitude to fight on for what we believe in when others fade away. That is what this blog is about. "You and Those Like You" is for all of the people that are losing hope in America because they are not old enough or informed enough to make a big splash (in terms of societal changes), but they are certainly old/informed enough to see the decay in our society and worry about it.

It is true that we might not be able to change things, but we can start preparing for the future (keeping informed, communicating with others, reading books, holding others to our high standards, etc.)...because the future is near and it is looking hazy and full of uncertainty. But it is you and those like you (and there are PLENTY of us!) that will secure our future...of that I am certain.

No comments: