Friday, June 22, 2007

Guantanamo Bay prison situation

So I have never quite understood the whole movement to close the Guantanamo Bay prison for all of the enemy combatants and other assorted terrorists of note. I have always thought it was better for the people who want to kill Americans to be...well...NOT IN AMERICA. But this does not seem like the case. While over the years I have agreed with much of what the President has done when it comes to the War on Terror, closing Guantanamo just seems like an insipid idea.

And look, I understand that these guys are not getting their due process, habeas corpus, etc. And honestly...not that upset about that. Sure I know if I was in Iran or something I would be pretty upset if I didn't get those rights...but...I'm not. So in my humble opinion and I'm sure in the opinion of you and those like you, keep the terrorists out of the USA.

No comments: