Thursday, February 28, 2008

Call me paranoid but...

I really don't like all of the vaccinations and shots that the government and doctors are recommending for young kids. I don't even like taking OTC medicine when I'm sick. But the whole injecting viruses into kids at a young age thing is not appealing to me. The government is now highly recommending that kids aged 6 months to 18 years get flu shots every year. I never get my flu shot and yeah, sometimes I get the flu. I'm just glad the government hasn't started mandating flu shots. That's when we know something is really wrong. I don't like the government mandating anything dealing with my body.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Pardon my comment on the incorrect blog, there are some issues with commenting currently.

I don't see this as a mandate. In the past the flu shot has been for the young and old because of the increase risk for their immune systems are weak in these stages of life. Now the extension of this to the young and younger is only a recomendation to the public. The American public suprisingly will listen and take seriously only what the government says. When it is assumed that individuals at risk will be able to judge when to take appropriate measures, this is not the case. On the flip side, as seen in local school systems recently, there has been a substantial increase where an entire school system will "take off" for sick days because of the high number of students with the flu. I would like to see taxpayer dollars that are lost in the K-12 sector because of a public school system being closed because of sick days. Maybe this is the governments way of getting more in return for their investment?