Monday, July 23, 2007

Heavenly hot dogs

So while I was thinking about hot dogs, I thought about some of my favorite hot dogs of all time. I will list them (in no particular order). None of these are tainted by botulism.

Netty's Chili Dog - Toledo, OH
These dogs are just boiled and topped with chili, cheese, onions and grease. And oh do they taste so good. And they're cheap. Netty's also has great ice cream products.


Tony Packo's Cafe - Toledo, OH
These dogs are not only scrumptious, but they are world famous (watch the TV show MASH). If you're ever in Toledo, you must go to Packo's. I suggest the original store on Front Street on the East Side. As long as you're there you might as well get some extra pickles and peppers as well as some fried pickles and some chili-mac (a Toledo favorite).

Any "True" Chicago style hot dog - Chicago, IL and the World
If you have not had a "true" Chicago style hot dog, you must indulge in one immediately. It is a meal in itself and boy does it taste good. The link above is a really great resource about Chicago style dogs.

Yes, all of my favorite hot dogs are from the Midwest. That's because we know how to make a good dog.

No comments: